Email your posts to Chatter groups you have access to.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Contact Manager, and Developer Editions|
If your admin has enabled this feature, you can email your posts to any public group. Additionally, your admin can allow you to include attachments. You can email posts to a private or unlisted group only if you’re a member. You must use the email address associated with your Salesforce user account.
In Salesforce Classic, from the group detail page, click Post by email below the group description to launch a blank email to the group using your local email client.
Type your message in the email body, including attachments if needed, and send the email.
Attachments to the email are added as files in Chatter and shared with the group.
The email content displays as a post on the group detail page. Any hashtags you include in the email body (for example, #TeamExcellence) are converted to topics on the post. If more than one attachment is included with the email, the first attachment is included as part of the post. Additional attachments are added in comments.
Save the group’s email address as a contact in your mail client or mobile device for easy access in the future. If you copy and paste the mailto: link directly into the contact’s email field, some mail clients may consider the link invalid and prevent you from sending email to the contact. Try removing the parenthetical group name from the first part of the email address. For example, remove (My Group)
from (My Group)email@example.com
The following limitations apply to posting to a group using email:
- The 10,000 character limit for Chatter posts applies to posts created using email. Any text in your email beyond this limit is not included in the post.
- The maximum message size is 25 MB, including text and attachments.
- The email subject is not included in the post.
- You can create text posts using email and include links in the text. You can also include up to 25 attachments. You can’t mention people, create polls, or give titles to links when posting to the group by email.
- Character-level formatting, such as the use of bold or different type sizes, is not supported.
- Email addresses must be unique at the group level. If multiple user profiles in your organization use the same email address, and that email address is used to post to a group, then the user profile associated with that particular group is used for the post in the group feed. If the email address is shared between multiple user profiles in the same group, the email is blocked.
- Signature text is treated as part of your post. Default signatures inserted by mobile devices, such as Sent from my iPhone, are automatically removed. Before sending your email, delete custom signatures and any extra text you don't want posted to Chatter. Or, add a separator line to the top of your signature to have it automatically removed. The separator line must have a minimum of one of the following characters:
You can also use any combination of these characters.
- Dash (-)
- Equal sign (=)
- Underscore (_)