The Groups page displays a list of the Chatter groups in your company.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Group, Enterprise, Professional, Performance, Unlimited, Contact Manager, and Developer Editions|
on the sidebar of the Chatter page to display the list of Chatter groups. On the Groups page you can
- Create a new group
- Click New Group to access the New Group page and create your group.
- Filter and sort the groups list
- Use the following filters to filter your groups.
- Recently Viewed shows the groups you recently looked at, starting with the group you viewed last
- My Groups shows the groups you belong to, own, or manage
- Active Groups shows the active groups in your company
- My Archived Groups shows the archived groups you belong to, own, or manage.
- Click a column header to sort the list. The Group column sorts by group name; the Last Activity column sorts by the date of the last post or comment on a group; the Membership column sorts based on your membership status.
- Search for a group
- Search for groups by typing two or more letters of a group name or description in the Find Groups box. The list automatically filters based on what you type.
- View a group
- Click a group name to view the group. You can view all groups, but you'll only see updates and files for public groups, and for private groups you belong to. Groups that allow customers say (With Customers).
- Join a public group or ask to join a private group
- Click Join to join a public group. For private groups, click Ask to Join to email a request to join to the group's owner and managers. Users with the “Modify All Data” permission can directly join private groups, and therefore see Join for private groups.
- Leave a group or withdraw a request to join a group
- Click to leave a group or to withdraw a request to join a group.
- View the group owner’s profile
- Click a group owner's name to see his or her profile.
- Get a group recommendation
- View the groups that Chatter recommends you join based on the group's popularity and the number of connections you have in the group in the Recommendations section. Click More to see the full list. If you don't see recommendations, you already belong to all the recommended groups.