Use the Settings area to track which template you’re using, view your community’s status, and customize your template. If you’re using the Customer Service (Napili) template, easily access your navigational and featured topic settings.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To modify general settings||“Create and Manage Communities”|
To access the Settings area in Community Builder, click
on the left sidebar.
In the General area, settings include:
- Community Title
- Lets you set the title for your community. The title briefly appears in the browser’s title bar before your community’s Home page loads.
- Community Template
- Displays the name and version of the template that your community is using.
- Published Status
- Indicates whether your community is published. If it’s published, click the link to open the live community in a separate browser tab.
- Guest User Profile
- Displays the associated guest user profile. Clicking the link takes you to the Profile page in Salesforce Setup, where you can modify profile settings, such as which permissions the guest user has. For more information about configuring the guest user profile, see “Configure the Guest User Profile for Unauthenticated Users” in the Using Templates to Build Communities Guide.
- Set Featured and Navigational Topics (Customer Service (Napili) template only)
- Define featured topics and topics to be used for navigation in Community Management.
In the Theme area, you can select:
- Hide the header region and navigation
- (Customer Service (Napili) Winter ’16 and Koa, Kokua, and Customer Service (Napili) Spring ’16 versions only)
- Hide the defaults community header (which includes the header image, search box, community menu, and user profile navigation menu) in all the pages of your community. Select this option if you want to replace the header with your own custom version. Not available for imported or exported templates.
- Show stencils when loading page content
- (Customer Service (Napili) Spring ’16 version only)
- Displays a ghost version of your community page until the page loads completely, which enhances the loading experience. If the page header is highly customized and the ghost version varies vastly from the real version loading in the browser, you can disable this option. Not available for imported or exported templates.
In the Languages area, you can access Site.com where you can set the multilingual properties for your community. When set, these properties are used by the Language Picker component, which lets guest users select their preferred language on a page in your community. See “Language Picker” in the Using Templates to Build Communities Guide.
In the Advanced area, you can add markup to the page head.
In the Updates area, you can update your community’s template to the latest version.
In the Developer area, you can export customized templates and pages.