To run a quick test of your push notification setup for Apple Push Notification Service (APNS), use the Send Test Notification
- Enter a connection token string in the Recipient field, OR search for a recipient by clicking Search , and then select one of the search results. By default, the Search results list displays the five devices most recently registered for your connected app.
- To find other devices, enter a user name in the Search text box.
- Click Go to generate a list of all devices currently registered under that user name.
- Optionally, for Alert, enter an alert message or dictionary per Apple’s specifications.
- For Badge, enter a badge number or 0 for no badge.
- For Sound, enter the name of a sound file in the application bundle, or enter default to use the system default alert sound.
- Optionally, to use a custom payload, enter your payload’s JSON value in the Custom Payload field.
- Click Send to send the test push notification, or click Clear to reset the form.