|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited and Developer Editions with the Service Cloud|
Available in: Performance and Developer Editions with the Sales Cloud
Available in: Enterprise and Unlimited Editions with the Sales Cloud for an additional cost
Watch a Demo: Introducing the Salesforce Console
A Salesforce console is designed to boost productivity for users in fast-paced environment. The console’s dashboard-like interface improves on the Agent Console by eliminating time-consuming clicking and scrolling so you can quickly find, update, and create records.
The Salesforce console
streamlines access to the data and features you need most. For example, service agents can use multiple applications at once and preserve the context of cases as priorities change. Inside sales reps can easily contact leads, assess companies, identify key contacts, and access sales intelligence.
- Easily spot important fields on records.
- Limit switching between pages.
- Use keyboard shortcuts to perform actions.
- Quickly jot notes or log interactions for each record.
- See records and their related items as tabs on one screen so that you never lose context or navigate too far from a record.
- See visual indicators in real time when lists and records are changed by others.
- Solve cases by quickly scanning Salesforce Knowledge articles.
- Manage incoming or outgoing calls using a SoftPhone.
- Chat with customers in real time by integrating with Live Agent (Service Cloud only).
To meet your business’s unique needs, customize the Salesforce console
- Create custom console components to display information or actions across pages or tabs.
- Develop advanced programmatic features using Salesforce Console Integration Toolkit.
Salesforce Console User Interface
- Select an object to view in the Salesforce console navigation tab. For example, select Leads to view leads. An administrator can choose which objects are available.
- Records are displayed in a list, which you can pin at the left or top of the screen. Select one or more records to display in primary tabs.
- Selected records appear in primary tabs. You can work with multiple tabs simultaneously.
- Configure the highlights panel separately for each object to show key information related to the record in the primary tab.
- Open more than one subtabs to quickly switch between multiple related records.
- View and interact with subtab content in the detail area.