Letterheads define the look and feel of your HTML email templates. Your HTML email templates can inherit the logo, color, and text settings from a letterhead.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: All Editions|
|To create or change letterheads:||“Manage Letterheads”|
A letterhead consists of properties and details. The properties are only visible inside your organization; they help users identify a letterhead. The details are applied to an email when using that letterhead. Use the letterhead wizard to create both the properties and details of your letterhead.
- From Setup, enter Letterheads in the Quick Find box, then select Letterheads.
- Click New Letterhead.
Setting Letterhead Properties
- Check Available For Use if you would like users to be able to use the new letterhead immediately.
- Enter a Letterhead Label. The label is used to refer to the letterhead on user interface pages.
- If necessary, change the Letterhead Unique Name. This is a unique name used to refer to the component when using the Force.com
API. In managed packages, this unique name prevents naming conflicts on package installations. This name can contain only underscores and alphanumeric characters, and must be unique in your org. It must begin with a letter, not include spaces, not end with an underscore, and not contain two consecutive underscores. With the Letterhead Unique Name field, a developer can change certain components’ names in a managed package and the changes are reflected in a subscriber’s organization.
- Enter a description for this letterhead. The name and description fields are for internal use only to describe the letterhead to other users.
- Click Save. The letterhead detail page appears.
Setting Letterhead Details
- Set the attributes for the letterhead.
- Click Edit Background Color, and enter a color for the background of your letterhead. Click the color picker button to choose a color.
- Click Edit Header Properties, and select the color, alignment, and height for the top section of the letterhead.
- Click Select Logo to include an image of your company logo in the top or bottom section of the letterhead.
To select an image, choose a folder, and click the document name to attach the document. Alternatively, click Search in Documents, and enter the file name to search for documents by name.
You must upload the logo image to the Documents tab before you can add it to the letterhead. Make sure the document is marked as an Externally Available Image
so it is visible to non-Salesforce users when it is received in an email. For more information, see “Upload and Replace Documents” in the Salesforce Help.
- Click Remove Logo to delete the image from the letterhead.
- Click Edit Top Line, and enter a color and height for a horizontal line below the header. Click the color picker button to choose a color.
- Click Edit Body Colors, and enter the background color for the main body of your letterhead.
- Click Edit Middle Line, and enter a color and height for the middle border in your letterhead. Click the color picker button to choose a color.
- Click Edit Footer Properties, and select a color, alignment, and height for the bottom section of the letterhead.
- Click Edit Bottom Line, and select a color and height of a bottom horizontal line. Click the color picker button to choose a color.
- Optionally, click Preview to display the letterhead in a separate browser window.
- Click Save.
To create an HTML email template that contains the settings in your letterhead, see Create HTML Email Templates.