With the enhanced page layout editor, you can tailor record page layouts to the needs of your users. Add, remove, or reorder actions, buttons, fields, and sections on a record’s detail page.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create page layouts:||“Customize Application”|
- From the management settings for the object that you want to edit, go to Page Layouts.
- Click New.
- Optionally, choose an existing page layout to clone.
- Type a name for the new layout.
- Optionally, select Feed-Based Layout to create a layout that includes separate tabs for a record’s feed and detail pages.
- Click Save.
- Modify the layout.
- Assign the new layout to user profiles.
You can also create a new page layout by cloning an existing one using Save As from within the layout.