The enhanced page layout editor is a WYSIWYG tool that allows you to customize your organization’s page layouts for detail and edit pages in Salesforce, the Self-Service Portal, and the Salesforce
Customer Portal. The enhanced page layout editor has all the functionality of the original page layout editor, but has more features and an easier-to-use interface.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: All Editions|
|To customize page layouts:||“Customize Application”|
|To view page layouts:||“View Setup and Configuration”|
The enhanced page layout editor has two parts: a palette on the upper portion of the screen and the page layout on the lower portion of the screen. The palette contains the user interface elements that you can add to your page layout, such as fields, actions, buttons, links, and related lists.
When working with the enhanced page layout editor:
- To select multiple elements individually, use CTRL+click. To select multiple elements as a group, use SHIFT+click.
- To change the properties of an element on the page layout, double-click the element or click the wrench icon () next to it. You can’t change the properties of elements in the palette.
- To make a field read-only or required, double-click the field in the page layout and select the appropriate checkbox.
- To access the other layouts for an object with multiple page layouts, click the page layout name at the top of the page and select another layout to view.
- To change the name of the page layout, add personal and public tags if available, and display standard object checkboxes on the page layout, click Layout Properties.
You can’t rename a page layout if you’re using Salesforce Professional Edition.
- In Enterprise, Unlimited, Performance, and Developer Editions, you can select a profile to preview how the pages will look for users with that profile. Most related lists’ columns preview without data.
- If you’re working with a feed-based page layout, click Feed View to customize the tools and components that appear when users are working in the feed on a record.
- To choose which fields display on the record detail page and the order in which they appear, click Edit Multi-Line Layout.
- The mini page layout defines the hover details that display when you mouse over a field on an object’s detail page, in the Agent console, or in the Recent Items section of the sidebar in Salesforce Classic. To customize the fields in the mini page layout, click Mini Page Layout at the top of the palette.
- When you’re done customizing the page layout, save it. If you navigate away from your page layout before saving, you lose your changes.