You can use Visualforce to extend the Salesforce1 app and give your mobile users the functionality that they need while on the go.
Before adding a Visualforce page to Salesforce1, make sure the page is enabled for mobile use or it won’t be available in the mobile apps.
|Available in Lightning Experience in: Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|Available in Salesforce Classic in: Contact Manager, Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
To enable the display of Visualforce in Salesforce1:
Before exposing existing Visualforce pages in Salesforce1, consider how they’ll look and function on mobile phones and tablets. Most likely, you’ll want to create a new page specifically for mobile form factors.
Visualforce pages must be enabled for mobile use before they can display in these areas of the Salesforce1 user interface:
- The navigation menu, via a Visualforce tab
- The action bar, via a custom action
- Mobile cards on a record’s related information page
- Overridden standard buttons, or custom buttons and links
- Embedded in record detail page layouts
- Lightning pages
To enable a Visualforce page for Salesforce1:
- From Setup, enter Visualforce Pages in the Quick Find box, then select Visualforce Pages.
- Click Edit for the desired Visualforce page.
- Select Available for Salesforce mobile apps and Lightning Pages then click Save.
Consider these notes about Visualforce support in Salesforce1.
- Standard tabs, custom object tabs, and list views that are overridden with a Visualforce page aren’t supported in Salesforce1. The Visualforce page is shown for full site users, but Salesforce1 users will see the default Salesforce1 page for the object. This restriction exists to maintain the Salesforce1 experience for objects.
- You can also enable Visualforce pages for Salesforce1 through the metadata API by editing the isAvailableInTouch field on the ApexPage object.
- The Salesforce Classic Mobile Ready checkbox on Visualforce Tab setup pages is for Salesforce Classic Mobile only and has no effect on Visualforce pages in the Salesforce1 apps.