Make opportunity teams work better for your business by customizing opportunity team roles, page layouts, and more. Before you do, consider these key points.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
Opportunity Splits and settings for opportunity teams available in: Salesforce Classic
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
Opportunity Splits available in: Performance and Developer Editions and in Enterprise and Unlimited Editions with the Sales Cloud
- Opportunity teams are available in Lightning Experience, but you must switch to Salesforce Classic to use some related features, such as Opportunity Splits. For more information, review the Lightning Experience limitations for Sales features.
- You can create a maximum of 50 custom fields for an opportunity team.
- If you delete a custom field, filters that use the custom field are also deleted, and the result of assignment or escalation rules that rely on the custom field’s data can change.
- To display opportunity team member information on a parent page, you must link the team member and the parent. For example, to display team member information on the related account detail page, add a custom lookup field called Account to the Opportunity Team editor, and then set this field to the parent account for each opportunity team member.
- You can’t create a lookup from an object, such as an account, to an opportunity team member.
- Validation rules and Apex triggers aren’t supported when a user adds his or her default opportunity team on an opportunity.