Learn more about how Web-to-Case works to be sure you set it up in the most effective way for your company.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
Keep these considerations in mind as you decide how to set up Web-to-Case.
- Whenever possible, Web-generated cases are automatically linked to the relevant contact and account based on the customer’s email address.
- Salesforce runs field validation rules before creating records submitted via Web-to-Case and only creates records that have valid values. All universally required fields must have a value before a record can be created via Web-to-Case.
- The format for date and currency fields captured online is taken from your organization’s default settings - Default Locale and Currency Locale.
- Salesforce doesn’t support rich text area (RTA) fields on Web-to-Case forms. If you use RTA fields on your forms, any information entered in them is saved as plain text when the case is created.
- If your organization exceeds its daily Web-to-Case limit, the default case owner (specified in your Support Settings page) will receive an email containing the additional case information.