|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: All Editions|
|To customize detail page buttons:||“Customize Application”|
When customizing page layouts, you can control which standard and custom buttons are displayed and the order in which the custom buttons are shown. To customize the buttons on record detail pages:
- From the management settings for the object whose page layout you want to customize, go to Page Layouts.
- Click Edit next to the page layout you want to customize.
- Do one of the following.
- In the original page layout editor, double-click the Detail Page Buttons item in the Button Section.
- To hide any standard button, deselect the checkbox next to the button name.
- To add or remove a custom button, select the button in the Available Buttons list, and click Add or Remove.
- Sort custom buttons by selecting them and clicking Up or Down.
- To undo your customizations and restore default settings, click Revert to Defaults.
- Click OK to close the popup when you are done.
- In the enhanced page layout editor, select the Buttons category on the palette and drag one or more buttons from the palette to the buttons section on the page layout. Standard buttons must go in the standard buttons area, and custom buttons must go in the custom buttons area. To remove a standard or custom button from the page layout, drag the button to the palette.
- Click Save on the page layout.
- Click Save.