Review some guidelines so your organization gets the most out of D&B Company records, which contain over 100 fields of industry, financial, and competitive information from Dun & Bradstreet®.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic
|Available with a Data.com Prospector license in: Contact Manager (no Lead object), Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
|Available with a Data.com Clean license in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
|To implement D&B Companies:||“Customize Application”|
- If your organization has Data.com Prospector or Data.com Clean, you have access to the DandBCompany object, which provides Dun & Bradstreet data for accounts and leads you add to Salesforce.
- Make sure you add the D&B Companies tab to user profiles. That’s how they’ll access a list of all D&B Company records. The D&B Companies tab lists all the D&B Company records you have in Salesforce.
- To let your users delete D&B Company records, you need to create a permission set with the Delete D&B Company records and Read D&B Company records permissions and assign that permission set to users. You may also need to add the Delete button to page layouts.
- If your company also uses Data.com Clean, you can use automated jobs to update your D&B Company records.
- Add the Refresh button to your D&B Company page layouts, so you can manually update D&B Company records to get the latest data from Dun & Bradstreet. You can also use automated jobs to update D&B Company records.
- D&B Company records linked to account records are not cleaned along with linked account records.
- For accounts or leads not added from Data.com (those created manually, for example), if a corresponding D&B Company record exists, it is added to Salesforce and linked to the account or lead record the first time that record is cleaned.
- SIC8 code fields (for example, Primary SIC8 Code) are not updated when existing D&B Company records are refreshed—either manually or as part of a job. These fields are only populated when the D&B Company record is created. To get SIC8 code values for an existing D&B Company record, you can delete the record and then clean its corresponding account. This recreates the D&B Company record, and it now includes values for the SIC8 code fields. Alternatively, you can get SIC8 values from the Data.com Search API, and add them to the D&B Company record.