Enhance access security and brand your organization’s pages by enabling your custom domain.
|Available in: Performance, Unlimited, Enterprise, Developer, Professional, and Group Editions.|
Using My Domain, you can define a custom Salesforce domain name. A custom domain name helps you better manage login and authentication for your organization in several key ways.
- Highlight your business identity with your unique domain URL.
- Brand your login screen and customize right-frame content.
- Block or redirect page requests that don’t use the new domain name.
- Access increased support for single sign-on. My Domain is required to use some Salesforce Identity features, such as authentication providers and identity providers.
- Set custom login policy and determine how users are authenticated.
- Let users select an alternate identity provider from the login page.
You can define a custom domain name only one time. My Domain is also available for sandbox
Your domain name uses standard URL format, including:
For example, a company called Universal Containers might want to use the subdomain universalecontainers. The company’s login URL would be https://universalcontainers.my.salesforce.com/. You can use up to 40 characters.
- The protocol: https://
- The subdomain prefix: your brand or term
- The domain: my.salesforce.com
Salesforce is automatically enabled as an identity provider when a domain is created. After your domain is deployed, you can add or change identity providers and increase security for your organization by customizing your domain’s login policy.
After you deploy your new domain name, you can’t reverse it.