Quickly see a list of duplicate records, grouped into duplicate sets, by clicking the Duplicate Record Sets tab. To do so, your organization needs to use the report action with its duplicate rules.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
When a user saves a record that’s identified as a duplicate by a duplicate rule with the report action:
- The saved record and all its duplicates, up to 100, will be assigned to a new or existing duplicate record set.
- The saved record and each of its duplicates will be listed as a duplicate record item within the duplicate record set.
- If the duplicate rule is configured to find duplicates across objects, all cross-object duplicates will be listed as duplicate record items within the duplicate record set.
Duplicate record sets and duplicate record items can be used to do the following.
- Create custom report types
- Create custom fields
- Write validation rules, triggers, and workflow rules
- Modify the fields that can appear on the respective page layouts