In most editions, you can transfer ownership of records using one of these methods. When you change a record’s owner, Salesforce also transfers ownership of certain related records.
- Transferring ownership of a single record you own
- Click Change Owner on the record’s detail page. For more information, see Changing Ownership and Transfer of Associated Items.
- Transferring ownership of multiple cases, leads, or custom object records that you own
- Click the object’s tab and view a list view. Select the records to be transferred, and click Change Owner.
- Transferring ownership of multiple records owned by other users
- Use the Mass Transfer feature. For more information about using Mass Transfer and which related records are transferred, see Mass Transferring Records.
- Transferring record ownership using workflow rules
- When a record owner is changed by a workflow rule, Salesforce does not change the ownership of any related records.