|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Developer, and Database.com Editions|
If you’re having trouble logging in to Data Loader, try the following solutions.
- Add a security token to the end of your password to log in to Data Loader.
- Change the Server host to point to the appropriate server in Data Loader by following these steps:
- Start the Data Loader.
- Navigate to .
- Set Server host to https://yourInstance.salesforce.com/, where instance_name is the Salesforce instance you’re on.
- Click OK to save your settings.
- Ask your administrator whether you’re working behind a proxy server. If so, adjust your Data Loader settings. If you’re using APIs that are behind a proxy server, the proxy server prevents the APIs from connecting with Salesforce servers; you won’t see information about the APIs under Login History.
- Try to log in on another computer to verify that your local device settings aren’t causing the problem.