Adjustments can be purged when you change some forecast and custom fiscal year settings. The data on which the forecasts are based remains untouched.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Professional (no Custom Field forecasts), Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|Opportunity Splits available in: Performance and Developer Editions and in Enterprise and Unlimited Editions with the Sales Cloud|
Adjustment purges happen when your Salesforce admin does any of the following.
- Disables Collaborative Forecasts.
- Disables manager adjustments. Only adjustments made by forecast managers to their subordinates’ forecasts are purged.
- Disables owner adjustments. Only adjustments made by forecast users to their own forecasts are purged.
- Changes your forecast period setting from quarterly to monthly or from monthly to quarterly.
- Disables a forecast type. Only adjustments for that forecast type are purged.
- Changes the start month of your fiscal year when the forecast period is set to quarterly. Quotas and adjustments are purged.
- Deletes a product family. Quotas and adjustments are purged for the deleted product family.
- Switches from cumulative forecast rollups to individual forecast category rollups or from individual to cumulative rollups.
- Creates a custom fiscal year for the first time. All adjustments and quotas for the corresponding and following standard fiscal years are purged.
- Deletes a custom fiscal period or quarter. Forecast adjustments and quotas for that period or quarter are also deleted.
Adjustment purges also happen when either of the following is true.
- You’re no longer a forecast manager. Only adjustments that you made to subordinates’ forecast amounts are purged.
- You’re removed from a role that’s set as a forecast manager in the forecast hierarchy. Only adjustments that you made to subordinates’ forecast amounts are purged.