|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Professional (no Opportunity Splits or Custom Field forecasts), Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
Consider the following best practices when using Collaborative Forecasts
- Track important details at the opportunity level.
- Measure everything related to potential deals—activities like emails, meetings, and outreach—to determine their contributions to revenue.
- Create actionable tasks with next steps and completion dates pertaining to opportunities.
- Map your sales stages to forecast categories; adjust close probability based on historical data to increase your forecast accuracy.
- Customize your forecast category names to match your business process and terminology.
- Create dashboards for metrics of all activities related to potential sales.
- When adjusting forecasts, have conversations with your subordinates so that they understand your expectations.
- Use Chatter to share opportunity and forecast information with your team and bring attention to important details.
- Run reports to analyze trends and check performance.
- Revisit forecast adjustments weekly. Because opportunities can change frequently, this will help you avoid out-of-date adjustments.
- Be sure each sales manager with subordinates is designated as a forecast manager in your forecast hierarchy. This ensures that the forecast visibility rolls up to every level of the hierarchy.