Guidelines for Displaying Fields in the Collaborative Forecasts Opportunity Pane | Salesforce
Refer to key guidelines when you’re displaying fields in the Collaborative Forecasts opportunity pane.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Professional (no Custom Field forecasts), Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|Opportunity Splits available in: Performance and Developer Editions and in Enterprise and Unlimited Editions with the Sales Cloud|
- If you add an opportunity field to the opportunity pane, and the field isn’t visible to Collaborative Forecasts users, check the field-level security setting for the specific user profile and field. If the forecast is based on that field, the Forecasted Amount column shows the value of the field or the value of the field’s split that contributes to the forecast, regardless of field-level security.
- When a rep selects a forecast amount in the rollup table, the list of opportunities that roll up to that amount appears below the table. Select up to 15 standard and custom fields that appear in the opportunity pane for each enabled forecast type. Your sales team sees the selected fields based on their field-level security settings. Opportunity Name is a required field. We recommend adding Forecast Category to the pane.
- When selecting fields, consider the fields that are used in the forecast rollup.
Depending on whether your forecast type uses the revenue or quantity measurement, consider adding Amount or Quantity to the pane.
- Opportunity-quantity forecasts roll up based on the opportunity’s Quantity field, while opportunity-revenue forecasts roll up based on the opportunity’s Amount field.
- For opportunity splits-revenue forecasts, the rollup is based on the opportunity’s Amount field and the split percentage that’s assigned to the sales rep.
- For custom opportunity field forecasts, the rollup is based on the custom field amount.
- For product family-revenue forecasts, the rollup is based on the sum of the Total Price field for all opportunity line items in that product family.
- Product family-quantity forecasts roll up based on the Quantity field for all opportunity line items in that product family.
- For opportunities without opportunity line items or with line items that don’t have a specified product family, the totals roll up into the Products Not Categorized row on the forecasts page.
- If your forecast data source is opportunities or product families, the Amount field appears by default. If your data source is opportunity splits, the Forecasted Amount and Split % fields appear by default. You can change the selected fields for each forecast type even after it has been enabled.