Set up service resource settings and user permissions in your org.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions with the Service Cloud|
|To edit page layouts and set field history tracking:||“Customize Application”|
|To create and edit users:||“Manage Internal Users”|
Field Service Lightning must be enabled in your org.
Customize page layouts.
Decide which related lists to include on the service resource detail page layout. The following related lists are specific to field service:
- Absences: View and manage the service resource’s absences.
- Capacities: View and manage the service resource’s capacity, or how much they can work in a specified time period.
- Service Appointments: View and manage the service appointments assigned to the service resource.
- Service Territories: View and manage the service territories where the service resource is available to work.
- Skills: View and manage the service resource’s skills, which represent certifications and areas of expertise.
Decide which fields to include on service resource page layouts. The following fields can be removed from the layouts if desired:
- Active: When selected, this option means that the resource can be assigned to work orders. For service tracking purposes, resources can’t be deleted, so deactivating a resource is the best way to send them into retirement.
- Capacity-Based: Capacity-based resources are limited to a certain number of hours or appointments in a specified time period. A resource’s capacity is defined in the Capacities related list.
- Description: A description of the resource.
- Include in Scheduling Optimization: When selected, this option means that the service scheduling optimizer can assign this resource to work orders during the optimization process. Use only if the Field Service Lightning managed packages are installed.
Assign user permissions.
|Enable Field Service Lightning||“Customize Application”|
|View the Service Resources tab and service resources||“Read” on service resources|
|Create service resources||“Create” on service resources|
|Edit or deactivate service resources||“Edit” on service resources|
Make the Service Resources tab visible to your users.
Users create and manage service resources from the Service Resources tab. You can add the tab to a custom app or instruct users to add the tab in Salesforce.