If you use Internet Explorer, we recommend using the latest version that Salesforce supports. Apply all Microsoft software updates.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: All Editions|
To maximize the performance of Internet Explorer, set the following in the Internet Options dialog box via your browser’s settings:
- General Tab
- From the General tab, click Settings under Browsing History.
- For the Check for newer versions of stored pages option, select Automatically.
- For the Disk space to use option, enter at least 50 MB.
- Security Tab
- From the Security tab, click Custom Level under Internet and scroll to the Scripting section.
- Privacy Tab
- From the Privacy tab, click Advanced.
- Select the Override automatic cookie handling option.
- Select the Always allow session cookies option.
- For the Third-party Cookies option, select Accept.
- Advanced Tab
- From the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and do the following:
- Do not select the Do not save encrypted pages to disk option.
- Select Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2. Make sure to deselect
Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0. SSL is no longer supported by Salesforce. TLS 1.0 won’t be supported after we deactivate it, currently scheduled for June 2016 for sandbox orgs and early 2017 for production orgs.
The Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed
option causes the cache to clear when Internet Explorer is shut down. This increases privacy, but sometimes decrease performance.