|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Ideas zones available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
Answers zones available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions
Chatter Answers zones available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions
|To create or edit a zone:||“Customize Application”|
Starting with the Summer ’13 release, Chatter Answers and Ideas “communities” have been renamed to “zones.”
Zones organize ideas and questions into logical groups, with each zone having its own focus and unique ideas and questions.
If you need more than 50 zones, contact Salesforce.
Professional Edition organizations can have only one internal zone. All other editions can have up to 50 zones shared between Ideas, Answers, and Chatter Answers.
You can display a zone to the following types of users:
- Salesforce Communities users.
- Public users (requires setting up a Force.com site).
- Internal Salesforce users. Salesforce users can access all zones regardless of whether the community is internal-only or displayed in a portal.
- Customer Portal or partner portal users.
- Salesforce console users.
You cannot use Salesforce sharing rules to restrict access to zones. When you create a zone , you can restrict access by selecting the portal where the zone should appear. Only the users assigned to that portal (and internal Salesforce users) will be able to access that unless you expose it publicly using Force.com sites.
Users will see zones, search results, and content that are associated with the context defined by their user profile:
- Community users see the zones associated with the community they’re signed in to.
- Internal users with permission to see Ideas can see all internal-only zones in the organization. If internal users sign in to a community, they see only those zones associated with that community.
- Internal users with permission to see Chatter Answers can see all internal-only zones for the organization in the Q&A tab. If internal users sign in to a community, they see only those zones associated with that community.
- Portal users can see the zones associated with their portal.
- Portal users with access to both a portal and a community can see the zones associated with the portal or community that they are currently signed in to.
- Users who are accessing the portal or community through an API can access all zones that they have access to in all contexts.
- Global searches in the internal application performed by internal users return results from all ideas that are available within the organization. Searches performed by all other users in Salesforce Communities return results from the ideas that are available within the community.