Publishing articles and translations makes them visible in all channels selected. If you publish an article that has translations, all translations of the article are published as well.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
Salesforce Knowledge is available in Performance and Developer Editions and in Unlimited Edition with the Service Cloud.
Salesforce Knowledge is available for an additional cost in: Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited Editions.
You can publish an article or translation from the Article Management tab or the article’s or translation’s detail page. To publish, you need the publish permission on an article's article type and the “Publish Articles” or “Publish Translated Articles” article action to publish an article or translation.
When publishing articles keep the following in mind.
- You can choose to publish directly or schedule publishing for a future date. Articles you scheduled for publication later continue to appear in the Draft Articles filter, now with the pending icon () next to the article title. To see the publication date, hover over the icon.
To cancel a scheduled publication, click Cancel Publication
on the article or translation detail or edit page.
- If your organization has implemented approval processes, you need the same permissions and actions to publish an article after it has been approved. Approval processes aren't available for translations.
- An article in an approval process might be sent to a queue to be published even if it is scheduled to publish immediately. This happens when the article is very large, there are many active languages, or there are many other articles to publish at that time. To mitigate performance issues, the article is sent to a queue until it can be published successfully, usually within minutes. Also, note that the Last Modified By or Last Approval By fields show Automated Process as the last user to modify the article.
- If the draft being published is a working copy of a currently published article, it is published as a new version of the original.
- For articles and translations that have already been published, select the Flag as new version checkbox to make the new article icon () display next to your article in the selected channels. Readers from these channels can see that this article has been modified since the last time they’ve read it. This checkbox is not available when you publish an article for the first time, as the icon displays by default for new articles.
- If you assign an article that is scheduled for publication, you also cancel the scheduled publication.
- Scheduling a publication removes any assignment information. The user who scheduled the publication is assigned to the article.
- Conflicts might occur when different agents perform actions on the same articles simultaneously. Depending on who performs the action first, the articles will not be available for subsequent users though the articles still display momentarily in the articles list. Performing an action on these articles results in a conflict error.
- If you have the “Publish Articles” article action and an approval process is set up for an article, you see both Publish... and Submit for Approval buttons.