Here are some things to keep in mind when working with Lightning Pages.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
Available in: Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions
- If you’re curious about a component, click it to see more information in the properties pane.
- You can create and edit a record page even if you don’t have permission to access the object that the page is associated with. You can add, remove, delete, and reconfigure components on the page, but you don’t see any of the content for the components that are based on that object.
- When you open a Lightning Experience record page in Lightning App Builder, you see only the components in the palette that are available for the object tied to that page.
Lightning Page Tabs
- In Salesforce Classic, Lightning Page tabs don’t show up on the All Tabs page when you click the plus icon () that appears to the right of your current tabs. Nor do Lightning Page tabs show up in the Available Tabs list when you customize the tabs for your apps.
- In Salesforce Classic, the Default On and Default Off options for Lightning Page tabs don’t work the same way as for other custom tabs. The Lightning Page menu item appears for the selected profiles in Salesforce1 whether you choose Default On or Default Off. Select the Tab Hidden option to hide the Lightning Page for the selected profiles.
Limits and Limitations
- You can’t assign record pages that you create with the Lightning App Builder to different profiles or record types. However, you can assign them to different custom apps.
- You can place up to 25 tabs in a Tabs component.
- A Lightning Page region or tab can contain up to 25 components.
- You can have both a Visualforce or s-control override and a Lightning Page override set for the View action at the same time on the same object. In Lightning Experience, the Lightning Page override displays. In Salesforce Classic, the Visualforce or s-control override displays.
- Drop-down menus in the Lightning App Builder can display up to 200 items. Enter a few characters, and all available matches display as you type.
- You can’t upload a record page to a managed package.
- Custom tab labels in the Tabs component—including those installed from packages—aren’t translated. For example, if you create a custom “Goals” tab in English, then view the page as a user whose language is set to French, the tab still displays as “Goals”.