After sales reps prepare their Google Calendar™ events to sync with Salesforce, you can define sync settings for groups of reps in Lightning Sync configurations. This step kicks off the sync process for your reps.
|Available to manage from: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To access Lightning Sync setup in Salesforce:||“Customize Application”|
|To create, edit, or delete Lightning Sync configurations:||“Manage Exchange Configurations”|
Before you begin, make sure that you understand how to avoid syncing data between Salesforce organizations. Syncing data between Salesforceorganizations is possible if you test Lightning Sync before rolling it out to reps, or your company uses multiple Salesforce orgs.
Defining sync settings lets you manage how your sales reps sync. You can:
- Define which sales reps’ items sync
- Create filters to limit certain events from syncing
- Define whether users' private events sync
- Define whether events users delete in their Google calendar’s are automatically removed from Salesforce, too
- Define whether important events are automatically related to the appropriate Salesforce contacts or leads
Follow these steps to define your users’ Lightning Sync for Google settings.
- From Salesforce Setup, enter Sync Configurations in the Quick Find box, then select Sync Configurations.
- Click New Lightning Sync Configuration.
- Enter the name of the configuration. For example, if you’re creating a configuration for users in a particular region, enter a unique name for it, and then select Active.
- Assign users and profiles to this configuration.
- Indicate that you’d like to sync your users’ events from Google to Salesforce.
- Click Save.
- Select Sync private events to sync events your users have marked as private in their Google calendars.
- Select Automatically remove deleted Google events from Salesforce to let reps delete Google events and Salesforce events in one action.
- Select Automatically relate Google events to Salesforce records to relate important events to the appropriate Salesforce contacts or lead automatically.
- Specify the specific events users can sync from Google to Salesforce. Enter a filter in the Greater or equal to field. Doing so limits the events users can sync to these time frames.
- TODAY—Syncs events that end on or after today. The start time is 12:00 a.m. Learn more about why this selection is recommended in certain scenarios.
- LAST MONTH—Syncs events that ended on or after the first day of last month.
- LAST N DAYS—Syncs events that ended on or after a specified number of days ago, such as LAST 30 DAYS. You can sync events that ended up to 180 days ago.
- Click Save.
Event syncing has begun for users in this Lightning Sync configuration.