Customize the Fields That Sync Between Salesforce and Microsoft® Outlook® | Salesforce
Customize fields in the records that your sales reps sync using Salesforce for Outlook. Also add custom Outlook or Salesforce fields you want your reps to sync.
|This feature available to manage from: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: All Editions |
|To view configurations:||“View Setup and Configuration”|
|To create, edit, or delete configurations:||“Manage Email Client Configurations”|
Field mappings define which Salesforce and Outlook fields correspond when items sync between the two systems.
Salesforce comes with a set of default mappings. Decide whether to let your sales reps edit their own field mappings in their personal settings.
Map these custom field types.
- Outlook text fields
- Salesforce text fields
- Some Salesforce picklist fields
Edit default field mappings or set up custom field mappings for your reps.
- From Setup, enter Outlook Configurations in the Quick Find box, then select Outlook Configurations.
- Select an Outlook Configuration you’d like to edit, or create a new one.
- Under Data Settings, click Edit Field Mappings under Contacts, Events, or Tasks to display all the fields for records on that object.
- Review which Salesforce fields are mapping to each Outlook field.
- Edit the Salesforce or Outlook field mappings you’d like to change, or create mappings for custom fields. Salesforce for Outlook lets you edit any field mapping with a picklist. You can add more mappings at the bottom of the list. You can remove mappings by clicking the X next to the mapping.
If you map a custom field that is universally required, make sure that it has a default value to avoid errors. Also, mapping custom fields that require validation by Salesforce can cause sync errors. For example, you map a custom Salesforce field that requires a unique value. If you enter a non-unique value in the Outlook field, you receive a sync error.
- Click Save. Field mappings begin syncing on items the next time those items are updated in either Salesforce or Outlook.