Depending on whether your administrator gave you permission, customize sync directions between Microsoft® Outlook® and Salesforce based on your preferences.
|This feature available to manage from: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: All Editions|
|To access your Salesforce for Outlook configuration||Assigned to an active configuration|
|To change sync direction||“Sync direction”|
- From your personal settings in Salesforce, search for Salesforce for Outlook. Then click View My Configuration.
- Select one of these options under Sync Direction for a particular object.
- Outlook to Salesforce—During its first sync, a record in Outlook creates or updates a record in Salesforce. During future syncs, changes made to Outlook records appear in Salesforce, regardless of whether the Salesforce version has changed. In addition, deleting a synced record in Outlook deletes its Salesforce counterpart. Salesforce changes are never sent to Outlook. The required conflict behavior setting for this option is Outlook always wins. This option isn’t available for contacts.
- Salesforce to Outlook—When data first syncs, a record in Salesforce creates or updates a record in Outlook. During future syncs, changes made to Salesforce records appear in Outlook, regardless of whether the Outlook version of the record has changed. In addition, deleting a synced record in Salesforce deletes its Outlook counterpart. Outlook changes are never sent to Salesforce. The required conflict behavior setting for this option is Salesforce always wins.
- Sync both ways—When records sync, changes to Outlook and Salesforce sync between the two systems. If records conflict, the conflict behavior setting determines which record wins.
- Save your changes. All changes take effect the next time your data syncs. Return to your original settings any time by clicking Revert to default at the top of your modified configuration. Your administrator can change your settings as needed.