See whether your administrator lets you add emails to Salesforce from Microsoft® Outlook®, and change your email settings based on your needs.
|This feature available to manage from: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: All Editions|
|To access your Salesforce for Outlook configuration:||Assigned to an active configuration|
|To edit email settings:||“Add Email”|
- From your personal settings in Salesforce, search for Salesforce for Outlook. Then click View My Configuration.
If Add Email
is selected, the Add Email
and Send and Add
options appear in Outlook.
If you don’t see the Add Email
and Send and Add
options, ask your administrator to activate Email to Salesforce.
- Click Email to Salesforce Settings.
- Enter your own email address in My Acceptable Email Addresses. If you send email from more than one address, separate each address with a comma.
- Choose whether all emails are sent to My Unresolved Items (so that you can manually assign them to related records) or to have Salesforce try to assign them first.
- Configure Email to Salesforce to add emails as activities to matching opportunities, leads, contacts, or all three. If you configure Email to Salesforce to associate emails to matching leads or contacts, Salesforce searches the To and CC fields for the email addresses of your leads or contacts. If any leads or contacts are found, Salesforce saves the email to the Activity History related list on the appropriate record.
- If you selected leads or contacts:
- Specify how Email to Salesforce processes emails that contain lead or contact information that matches duplicate records.
- Select If no matching records are found, create a task and send it to My Unresolved Items to have email sent to My Unresolved Items if no matching records are found. If this checkbox isn’t selected, and Salesforce can’t identify the email addresses in the To or From fields, the email isn’t saved in Salesforce.
- Select Always save email attachments to save attachments on emails sent to Salesforce.
- To receive a confirmation email when an email is sent to Salesforce, select Email me confirmation of association.
- Click Save.