|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To enable cases for partner users:||“Manage Profiles and Permission Sets”|
Starting in Summer ’13, the partner portal is no longer available for organizations that aren’t currently using it. Existing organizations continue to have full access. If you don’t have a partner portal, but want to easily share records and information with your partners, try Communities.
Existing organizations using partner portals may continue to use their partner portals or transition to Communities. Contact your Salesforce Account Executive for more information.
When you enable cases in the partner portal, you can assign cases to partner users directly or using assignment or escalation rules. Partner users can edit cases, create new cases, add case comments, reassign cases, find case solutions, and create case teams. Partner users cannot edit case comments, associate assets with cases, or delete cases.
To enable cases in the partner portal:
- Add the Cases tab to the list of available tabs in the partner portal.
- In the partner user profile, verify that the cases tab setting is set to Default On.
- In the partner user profile, enable the “Read,” “Create,” and “Edit” object permissions for cases.
After enabling cases in the partner portal, consider the following tips:
- Specify a case creation template to allow partner users to send a notification email to new contacts assigned to cases. From Setup, enter Support Settings in the Quick Find box, then select Support Settings.
- Configure case team roles to allow your partners to add case team members. From Setup, enter Case Team Roles in the Quick Find box, then select Case Team Roles.
- When viewing an email associated with a case, Email Message List, Next, and Previous links are not available to portal users.