To remove price books from related lists, you can archive, deactivate, or delete the price books. Each removal option has a different result. Before you remove a price book from your related lists, determine which option best fits your business needs.
|Products and price books available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience||Quotes available in Salesforce Classic|
|Products and price books available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions||Quotes available in: Performance and Developer Editions and in Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited Editions with the Sales Cloud|
- Deleting, deactivating, or archiving a custom price book doesn’t affect other price books or your product lists. However, these actions can affect your opportunities and quotes. Changing associations with opportunities or quotes is sometimes required before you can remove an associated price book.
- You can deactivate the standard price book, but you can’t delete or archive it.
Considerations for Deleting Price Books
- You can’t delete a price book while it’s in use on opportunities or quotes. If you try to, the system creates a list of the opportunities or quotes that the price book is used on.
- When you delete a price book, you delete all entries in the price book. The deleted price book and its entries are moved to the Recycle Bin. You can restore them for up to 15 days.
Considerations for Deactivating Price Books
- You can activate, deactivate, or reactivate price books at any time by changing the price book’s properties.
- You can deactivate a price book even if it’s used on an opportunity or quote.
- You can continue to manage entries in your price book while it’s deactivated.
Considerations for Archiving Price Books
- You can archive a price book even if it’s in use on an opportunity or quote.
- An archived price book is visible, but not accessible, in all associated records.
- Entries in archived price books don’t appear in search results.
- You can’t recover or delete an archived price book.