Many of the tasks you assign, the emails you send, and other record updates are vital parts of your organization's standard processes. Instead of doing this repetitive work manually, you can configure processes to do it automatically.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
The Process Builder is a workflow tool that helps you easily automate your business processes. Process Builder provides a user-friendly graphical representation of your process as you build it. With the Process Builder, you can:
- Create your processes using a convenient layout with point-and-click efficiency.
- Design entire an entire process in one place rather than using multiple workflow rules.
- Collaborate with different teams in your organization to create processes.
- Stop using Apex code to automate simple tasks.
Automated processes in the Process Builder are based on records. You can also create processes that invoke other processes. Processes consist of:
- Criteria that determine when to execute action groups
- Immediate actions to execute when criteria are met
- Scheduled actions to execute when criteria are met (non-invocable processes only)
Any change that causes a record or invocable process to match the criteria can automatically trigger the action group. A single process can also execute multiple action groups—so it’s easy to automate all of your business records, like accounts, in one place.
Use the more powerful and flexible Process Builder to perform the same actions as workflow. With the Process Builder, you can:
- Create a record
- Update any related record—not just the record or its parent
- Use a quick action to create a record, update a record, or log a call
- Invoke a process from another process
- Launch a flow—you can’t schedule this action with workflow
- Send an email
- Post to Chatter
- Submit for approval
If you need your process to do more than what those actions allow, don’t worry. You can also call Apex or a flow from a process.