Chatter Answers is scheduled for retirement in all Salesforce orgs as of Winter ’18 release. For more information, see Chatter Answers to Retire in Winter ’18. Starting with Summer ’16, Chatter Answers isn’t available in new orgs. Instead, you can use Chatter Questions, a Q&A feature that’s seamlessly integrated into Chatter. With Chatter Questions, users can ask questions and find answers without ever needing to leave Chatter. Existing orgs will continue to have access to Chatter Answers if it was enabled before the Summer ’16 release from now until Winter ’18.
Consider the following tips when planning and using Chatter Answers.
- We recommend that you tell support agents that:
- The Case Origin field lists Chatter Answers on any case converted from a question.
- If they answer a question privately, they can't convert it to a public answer.
- We recommend that you assign a support agent to review public questions from the Q&A tab. Agents can’t click Flag next to questions or replies that are spam, hateful, or inappropriate, but they can edit and delete questions or replies from a zones via the Q&A tab if they have the “Delete” permission on questions.
- To moderate many questions quickly, we recommend that support agents review questions from pinned lists on the Salesforce console (this requires adding the Q&A tab to the console’s Navigation tab.
- To see a list of cases converted from questions, we recommend that administrators or support agents create a case view where Case Origin equals Chatter Answers.
- Because photos added to profiles display externally on Chatter Answers, we recommend that support agents choose photos that match their company's policies and branding.