Considerations for Creating and Managing Quotes and Quote Line Items | Salesforce
Before you create a quote or work with quote line items, review a few key points.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Performance and Developer Editions|
|In Sales Cloud, also available in: Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited Editions|
Your user permissions determine which tasks you can perform. See your Salesforce admin for help with any tasks that you can’t perform on your own.
- Relevant price books, products, and list prices must be active in an opportunity before you can create a quote for the opportunity.
- Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Edition orgs can activate record types and ask you to choose a Record Type when creating a quote. Record types determine the picklist values and business processes that are available when you create or edit a record.
- If your Salesforce org uses divisions, the division of a new quote is automatically set to the division of the related opportunity.
- If a quote is synced with an opportunity, and you add a line item to the quote, the new line item is copied to the opportunity as a product in the Products related list.
- If an opportunity is syncing with a quote, deleting the quote line item deletes the corresponding product from the opportunity’s Products related list.
- Custom field syncing isn’t supported. When a quote is created from the API, the quote line items aren’t created based on the opportunity line items. New opportunity line items are created based on the quote line items.
- If a product has default schedules, the schedules aren’t created when you add a line item to a quote. If the line item is copied from the opportunity, you can view the schedule from the opportunity. To change the schedule, edit the product record directly.
- If you have a quote line item with a discount, and the product has a default schedule on the product record or an individual schedule on the opportunity product record, you can’t edit the Discount field of the line item.