Keep these limitations in mind when working with record types and business process picklists.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
- These special picklist fields aren’t available for record types because they are used exclusively for sales processes, lead processes, support processes, and solution processes:
You can use these fields to provide different picklist values for different record types by assigning a different process to each record type.
- Opportunity Stage
- Case Status
- Solution Status
- Lead Status
- These campaign member picklists aren’t available for record types:
- Lead Source
- You can’t edit or delete a record type for an object if the object is referenced in Apex.
- You can’t deactivate a record type if it is in use by an email routing address for Email-to-Case or On-Demand Email-to-Case.
- Record types can only be assigned to campaign members using the Campaign Member Type field on new or existing campaigns. To assign record types to campaign members, add the Campaign Member Type field to the campaign page layout. You must have the Marketing User user permission to change the campaign member type. You can also add a read-only Campaign Member Type field to the campaign members page layout.
- We recommend creating no more than 200 record types. While there is no limit, orgs may have difficulty managing their record types if they exceed 200.