You can add standard or cross-block custom summary formulas for joined reports to calculate additional totals based on the numeric fields available in the report.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create, edit, and delete reports:||“Create and Customize Reports”|
- Use one of these options to access the Add Summary Formula overlay from the Fields pane.
|To create a standard custom summary formula||Go to the report type category, and double-click Add Formula|
|To create a cross-block custom summary formula||Go to the Common category and double-click Add Cross Block Formula|
- Enter a name for the formula as you want it to appear in the report, and optionally a description.
The name must be unique.
- From the Format drop-down list, select the appropriate data type for your formula based on the output of your calculation.
- From the Decimal Places drop-down, select the number of decimal places to display for currency, number, or percent data types. This setting is ignored for currency fields in multicurrency organizations. Instead, the Decimal Places for your currency setting apply.
- Set the Where will this formula be displayed? option.
The calculated value displays in the report block at either the Grand Total or the global grouping level, depending on which you select. To display the formula calculation at every level, including the Grand Total, select All summary levels. Optionally you can select to show the calculation at a global grouping level. You can have three global groupings in a joined report. The groupings apply across all blocks.
- Build your formula:
- Select one of the fields listed in the Summary Fields drop-down list. This field’s value is used in your formula.
When creating a cross-block formula, the fields are grouped by block. You can also use Quick Find to search for a field.
When creating a single-report type formula, the list displays numeric fields available for the report type.
- Select the kind of summary type to use in your formula. This option is not available for Record Count.
|Sum||The summary value of data in a field or grouping of fields.|
|Largest Value||The largest value of data in a field or grouping of fields.|
|Smallest Value||The smallest value of data in a field or grouping of fields.|
|Average||The average of data in a field or grouping of fields.|
- Click Operators to add operators to your formula.
- Select the function category (All, Logical, Math, or Summary), choose the function you want to use in your formula, and click Insert.
- Repeat these steps as necessary.
- Click Check Syntax to see if your formula contains errors. Errors are highlighted by the cursor.
- Click OK. Your formula isn't saved until you save the report.