An opportunity team is a group of Salesforce users who work together on a sales opportunity. If you’re using opportunity teams, refer to these guidelines.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
Opportunity Splits and settings for opportunity teams available in: Salesforce Classic
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
Opportunity Splits available in: Performance and Developer Editions and in Enterprise and Unlimited Editions with the Sales Cloud
Opportunity teams aren’t the same as account teams, although they share a set of available team member roles.
- Set up opportunity teams for opportunities that are owned by you or someone below you in the role hierarchy.
- Set up a default opportunity team to include the users who you normally work with on opportunities. You can choose to add your default opportunity team to all your opportunities automatically.
- When you set up an opportunity team, you:
- Add team members.
- Specify each member’s role on the opportunity, such as Executive Sponsor.
- Specify each team member’s level of access to the opportunity: read/write access or read-only access.
- Changes that you make to the opportunity team on an opportunity don’t affect your default opportunity team or the opportunity teams on your other opportunities.
- If your Salesforce admin has enabled Opportunity Splits, you can split credit for an opportunity among members of an opportunity team.
- Adding, editing, or deleting opportunity team members requires read/write access on the opportunity.
- You can’t use opportunity teams for private opportunities.