|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available for purchase in: Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
Available (with limitations) in: Developer Edition
Designers and site administrators can edit content blocks when in Design mode. Content blocks contain the site page's text, along with images, videos, and hyperlinks.
When in Design Mode, you can use the content editing toolbar to:
- Undo and redo your edits, and remove the formatting of text copied and pasted from Microsoft® Office, which can often include hidden formatting (1).
- Cut, copy, and paste text (2).
- Apply direct formatting (3), such as:
- Font family and size
- Bold, italic, underline, subscript, superscript, and strikethrough
- Font and highlight color
- Control the text style and layout (4) by:
- Applying paragraph and heading styles
- Setting paragraph indentation
- Left-aligning, centering, right-aligning, or justifying text
- Inserting numbered or bulleted lists
- Insert a table, and add rows, columns, and spacing (5).
- Add images, videos, and special characters (6).
- Add and remove hyperlinks and anchors (7).
Avoid applying formatting, such as different fonts or highlighting, directly to text whenever possible. Instead, it’s best practice to use the paragraph and heading styles to quickly apply consistent formatting throughout the site. This also ensures that all page text is updated automatically if a site administrator or designer modifies the site's paragraph and heading styles.