|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Developer, Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
|To create and edit Force.com sites:||“Customize Application”|
|To edit public access settings for Force.com sites:||“Manage Users”|
Once you have created your site, you can configure it on the Site Details page. To access this page, from Setup, enter Sites
in the Quick Find
box, then select Sites
, and then in the Sites list, click the site name. You can do the following:
- Click Edit to make changes to the site.
- Click Public Access Settings to view or edit the security settings, including permissions, page layouts, and more.
- Click Login Settings to configure the login and registration settings for your site. Built-in login and registration logic allows users to quickly register for, and seamlessly log in to, your portal from your public site.
For Communities sites, this link opens the Communities Login Page.
- Click URL Redirects to see any page redirects you've set up for your site.
- Click Activate or Deactivate to change the active status for your site.
Be careful not to expose any information that you do not want to make public.
- Click Preview as Admin to view your site in administrator preview mode. Administrator preview mode shows the errors on each site page in context and in greater detail, so you can more easily troubleshoot site issues.
This feature does not appear for community organizations.
- Click Edit in the Site Visualforce Pages or Site Standard Pages related lists to select the pages available for your site. All pages associated with the site must be enabled.
- Click Page Assignment to assign error pages for standard errors, such as “Authorization Required (401)” and “Page Not Found (404).” You can override or edit the default pages that are provided.
- Click New in the Feeds related list to create a new syndication feed. You must click Enable Feeds in the Site Detail list to display this related list.
- View the 24-Hour Usage History related list to see current bandwidth and service request time usage, the daily limits, and the percentage used.
- View the Site History related list to see the configuration changes that have been tracked for your site.