|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Developer, Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions|
|To create and edit Force.com sites:||“Customize Application”|
|To edit public access settings for Force.com sites:||“Manage Users”|
Sites enables you to create public websites and applications that are directly integrated with your Salesforce organization—without requiring users to log in with a username and password.
To set up a Force.com site:
- From Setup, enter Sites in the Quick Find box, then select Sites.
- Register a custom Force.com domain for your organization.
- Create and configure your site.
- Develop and use Visualforce pages for your site, use or hide standard pages, and customize or replace out-of-box error pages. Associate these pages with your site.
- Choose a site template. Use the lookup field to find and select a template that you’ve developed, or use the out-of-box template provided. The site template provides the page layout and stylesheet for your site and overrides any formatting inherited from the associated portal.
- Enable a portal for login or self-registration, then associate it with your site.
- Optionally, modify public access settings.
- When you are ready to make your site public, click Activate on the Site Details page. You can also activate your site from the Site Edit and Sites pages.
After you have set up a site, you can:
- Run reports and dashboards on your site.
- Create workflow rules that trigger email alerts when site-related criteria are met.