Once you've created and activated a flow version, distribute it to users so that they can run it. The right distribution method depends on the users that you want to distribute the flow to: internal users, external users, systems, or other organizations.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
Users can’t resume paused flows from Lightning Experience, so we recommend removing the Pause button from flows that are distributed in Lightning Experience.
Here are the ways that you can distribute your flows, based on the type of user that you’re distributing to.
- Internal users
- Distribute a flow URL directly or through a custom button, link, or Web tab.
- Embed the flow in a Lightning Page (Beta)
- Embed the flow in a Visualforce page and incorporate that page into Salesforce with a custom button, link, or Visualforce tab.
- External users
- Embed the flow in a Visualforce page, and incorporate that page into a Force.com site, Customer Portal, or Partner Portal.
- Start a flow automatically by:
- Using the Apex
- Using the Invocable Action resource in the Force.com
- Adding a flow trigger workflow action to a workflow rule (Pilot).
- Adding a flow action to a process in the Process Builder.
- Other organizations
- Deploy a flow with change sets or a package.
For details about distributing flows with each of these methods, see “Distribute Your Flow” in the Visual Workflow Guide.