Login Troubleshooting Steps
Double check that your Username and Password are correct
- If you're logging in for the first time, please try going to www.login.salesforce.com, and then copying and pasting your Username and password (sent by your Administrator in an email) into the User login fields. Be sure there are no extra spaces before or after the username or password.
- The system will require you to change your temporary password to a personal password the first time you login. If this is NOT your first time logging in, then you should use your personal password. Your username should be in the form of an email address (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: Your password is case sensitive, and must be at least 8 characters. Your Organization may require additional password requirements, which you can find out by contacting your internal System Administrator.
Forgot your password? Ask your internal System Admin for a password reset
- Your System Administrator within your company can reset your password, and have it sent to your email address automatically.
- You can click the "Forgot your password?" link on the customer login page to prompt you to answer your secret question and change the password prior to being locked out or contacting your Administrator.
If you're accessing Salesforce from a favorite link or bookmark, please try typing "www.salesforce.com" directly into the URL address line in a browser window.
Make sure you're not blocking Salesforce cookies
There are some common issues with web browsers, including blocked cookies. You may also try clearing your cache and cookies. Go through the browser troubleshooting steps for a PC
or a Mac
computer to try and resolve any browser-related issues.
Check your permissions
You'll need to have your System Administrator check that you don't have the "API Only User" permission is enabled. This permission prevents Users from logging in to Salesforce. Your Admin will need to disable the feature in your profile before you can login.
Here are the steps:
1. Go to your Name | Setup | Manage Users | Profile.
2. Click Edit on the affected profile.
3. Disable the "API Only User" permission.
4. Click Save.