Add an image to email signature in Salesforce
|Knowledge Article Number||000086448|
|Description||Setting up an email signature in Salesforce will save you time on future emails. We'll show you how to put your personalized signature for future emailing.|
Keep in mind - HTML code falls outside the scope of Support's offerings and this information is provided as a courtesy.
1. Click the Documents tab.
- This should be located next to standard tabs in the app like Account, Contacts etc. If it's not there, click on the "+" for all tabs and choose Documents from there.
2. Click New.
3. Give the document a name.
4. Check the Externally Available Image check box.
5. Choose the folder that you want to save the file in.
6. Browse for the image that you want .
- Click Browse for Firefox and Internet Explorer or Click Choose File for Chrome.
7. Save the document.
8. Right click on the image.
9. If you are using FireFox choose “View Image Info” and right click on the highlighted image link and choose copy. For Google Chrome, right click on the image and choose "Copy Image Location" If you are using Internet Explorer right click on the image and choose “Properties”. Copy the entire Address (URL).
10. Click on Your Name | My Settings | Email | My Email Settings
11. In the email signature type in <img src = "link here"/> where you want to see the image. NOTE: To capture the URL, right click on the image and choose "Copy Image URL" or "Open Image in a New tab" and copy the URL from the opened tab. This should be used to capture the image source correctly.
12. Click the “Save” button.
It's important to note that this will only work when sending emails in HTML format and does not work if a template is selected, unless the signature logo is included in the template.
If an email is sent in plain text format it will display <img src = "link here"/> in the signature. If you're utilizing a template you'll need to include the image and signature within the template's body.