Chatter email notifications behavior
|Knowledge Article Number||000170906|
|Description||When using the @mention functionality, the chatter email notifications behaviour is the following:
- All the people that you mentioned using “@” functionality will receive an email notification stating: "XXX mentioned you in a comment".
- After a user makes a comment on this new post, a new chatter email notification will be sent (to this user) every time the post gets updated (for example: when new comments are added), and this time, the email notification will state the following: "XXX commented on a post".
- If a user that was “@” mentioned, does not make a comment to this post, he/she will not receive any chatter email notifications with any new comments in the post.
- If a user @mentions self, he/she will not get an email notification.
- If a user @mentions a group they're also a member of he/she will not receive an email notification.