Refresh or synchronize Force.com IDE with the latest updates from server or save the updates on to the server
|Knowledge Article Number||000175476|
|Description||Errors and warnings displayed when using Session ID in Force.com IDE for the following:-
1) Cannot overwrite the local changes from Force.com IDE to the server.
2) Cannot refresh the meta-data components with the latest copy from the server.
Errors and warnings displayed when using username and password in Force.com IDE for the following:-
3) Cannot refresh the meta-data components with the latest copy from the server.
|Resolution||I) If you were using Session ID, follow the steps below:-
1) If you were to save the changes you made to the server, right click the folder or the file you wish to save on the server.
Select Force.com -> Deploy to Server -> warning message shown "Unable to perform synchronize check with server" -> Click Continue. Screenshot added.
2) Enter a new session ID and click next
3) Screen for "Archive options" is shown.
Uncheck "Destination Archive".
4) Select the components you want to overwrite.
5) Click Next -> Deployment successful message displayed -> Select Finish
You can now see the overwritten components on the server
Similarly if you wanted to get the refresh from server, you would right click on the Project folder -> Force.com ->enter a new session ID -> click OK -> message displayed "would you like to refetch and overwrite all Force.com components in project "XXXX' again? -> click Yes
II) If you were using username and password, follow the steps below:-
If you were to add/remove components, right click on the Project name -> Force.com -> Add/Remove Metadata Components -> Click the Add/remove button to select the components for synchronization -> select the components -> click the "Refresh from Server" button.
After refresh from server has been completed, click OK, click the next OK and you will see the refreshed copy from the server in your Project folder.
|Step 1-Session ID - Deploy server.jpg||242KB|
|Step 3-Session ID -Uncheck Dest Dir.jpg||233KB|