Clear out User Mappings in MC Connect
|Knowledge Article Number||000214335|
There are multiple scenarios where it's necessary to remove the mapping between a Marketing Cloud User and a Salesforce User related to MC Connect. Here are the common scenarios:
Note: This applies to V5 only.
Remove OAuth token from the Salesforce User
After doing so, you'll be prompted to reintegrate this User when the User next accesses Marketing Cloud tabs in Salesforce. Here's how:
1. Sign into Salesforce (may require user with elevated permissions).
2. Click Setup.
3. Under Administer | Manage Users, click Users.
4. Locate the User to reset.
5. Under "Additional Information" locate the Marketing Cloud OAuth Token field.*
6. Highlight and delete its value.
7. Click Save.
8. Log in to Salesforce as the User who was reset and access the Marketing Cloud tab.
*The Marketing Cloud OAuth Token field may not be visible. If so, follow these steps:
1. Go to Setup | Build | Customize | Users in Salesforce.
2. Click Page Layouts.
3. Edit the User Layout.
4. Drag the "Marketing Cloud OAuth Token" field down to the Additional Information Section.
5. Click Save.
Important: As of the release of Version 5.493 of MC Connect, the oAuth token, while utilized the same way with the user mappings on the backend, is contained within a protected field. In order to clear the oAuth token on versions 5.493 or later, the Salesforce user will need to navigate to:
while specifying the MC User Credentials. This will reset the token in the protected custom setting.