Map Lead Source field on Lead object to Account Source field on Account object during lead conversion
|Knowledge Article Number||000214805|
By default, the standard Lead Source field on the Lead object is not mapped automatically to the Account Source field on the Account object when converting a lead. We'll show you how to use custom fields and Workflow Rules to accomplish this mapping.
1. Create a Lead Custom Field with a return type of Text:
Formula is TEXT(LeadSource)
Then map the custom formula field to the Account Text field that needs to be created.
This way, a workflow on Leads object can be avoided and Step 4 and 5 will be removed.
2. Create an Account custom Text field:
3. Setup Lead field mapping:
1. Go to Setup.
2. Under Build, click Customize | Leads | Fields.
3. Under "Lead Custom Fields & Relationships," click the Map Lead Fields button.
4. Map the new "Lead Custom Text Field" to the new "Account Text field."
4. Create a Workflow Rule on Leads with the Rule Criteria:
5. Add a "Field Update" to "Update the Lead Source Text (Hidden) Field" with the Name of the Lead Source Text.
6. Create a workflow rule or process builder on Accounts with the Rule Criteria:
7. Add a field update to your workflow that'll update the standard Account Source field to the appropriate value.
Now whenever a Lead is converted going forward the Account should be assigned the same Account Source as that of the Lead. You'll need to repeat steps 6 and 7 every time you create a new Lead / Account source in the future.